Phaeton Blockchain, a decentralized firm focused on sustainability and renewable energy, announced its roll-out strategy for blockchain data centres.
These data centres will play a crucial role in Phaeton decentralized ecosystem. Given how data has become an essential part of any organization, Phaeton has decided to build its own data centres instead of using third-party data centres. It also makes Phaeton the first Blockchain Platform to develop its own infrastructure. Generally, blockchain projects leverage existing and popular infrastructure providers such as Google and Amazon. These data centres are centralized, thus running the risk of outages. These centralized data centres also make use of 2% global electricity powered by fossil fuel that goes against the ethos of Phaeton.
Phaeton data centres will incorporate the ethos of decentralization and will be powered by renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, geothermal and hydrogen. In addition, the blockchain enterprise is in the final stages of constructing its Off-Grid Modular Data Centre, scheduled to be launched in January 2022. These modular data centres will be built into two property developments that will start construction in February 2022.
Phaeton has partnered with Atomic 6: Pty Ltd, a manufacturing company building modular solar-wrapped data centres that can be deployed in areas without power access. In addition, K-STAR – which specializes in power electronics and energy products, including modular data centres – will manufacture modular data centres linked to Phaeton Energy’s Solar Farm roll-out. Finally, one of Australia’s leading structured cabling solutions providers, Programmed, will be contracted to build and assemble Phaeton’s data centres where needed.
The Idea Behind Independent Data Centres
The main idea for data centres is to hold critical blockchain data safely. Building an independent data centre also helps to improve transaction speed, where Phaeton aims to deploy as many decentralized nodes as possible. Ownership of these data centres will provide better control in securing and managing these nodes. With more expansive and decentralized node locations, security is improved, making the Phaeton network less prone to hackers. Through blockchain technology, all data is replicated on other data centres. Compared to other data centres, data can be lost if it is kept in only one location.
Phaeton data centres are based on a modular concept that allows flexibility and scalability. Phaeton has developed two concepts:
- Off-grid Modular Datacentres (OMD): Based on a 20ft sea container size, these solar wrapped data centres are designed for remote and regional locations. These OMDs are secured through both physical biometrics and an advanced network security protocol. As a result, the network can be managed and monitored 24/7/365 remotely. These centres can be located anywhere, such as on buildings, remote mine sites, or the desert.
- Community Data Centres: With Phaeton Energy rolling out ten Community Microgrid Solar Farms, there will be ten Modular Community Data Centres included in each project. These data centres may vary in scale to suit the surrounding community.
Phaeton incorporates real-life situations and not purely through cryptocurrency. Phaeton’s strategy is to integrate Blockchain with other technology movements such as FinTech, ConTech and AgriTech.
Data Centres Products and Services
The Phaeton Data centre development would power several products and services. These will power the Phaeton smart card and numerous Phaeton sidechains. These will be crucial to the functionality and multiple blockchain projects that Phaeton would incubate. In addition, the project would offer a range of sustainable services and help the investors to earn excellent returns on their investment.
Phaeton Smart Biometric Card is a secured device serving multiple functions with ID authentication, which will provide access to the data centres when needed. These data centres will host all Phaeton’s Sidechains. In addition, Phaeton’s Helious Deployer is also included in the data centres. It will maintain blockchain nodes on behalf of Phaeton validators as an alternative to running full-on ground blockchain nodes.
Phaeton Data Centres are based on a typical real estate model, driving value through maximum yields and capital growth. Phaeton has a “Hold and Own” business model. They aim to hold and own the majority of the data centres as long-term investments. The ownership structure will provide Phaeton with better control of data centres and long-term capital growth. In addition, this strategy will provide Phaeton Data Centres with a significant asset base on its balance sheet, which can also be leveraged for future expansion. Data Centres offer substantial yields. These yields have been proven by the major data centre providers such as AWS, Google, and Microsoft. Revenues will be derived from leasing racking space, cloud services and staking as a decentralized blockchain node.
- To learn more about Phaeton, visit Phaeton.io.
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/PhaetonOfficial
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/phaeton.io/
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/phaetontechnology/
- Telegram : http://bit.ly/Phaeton_telegram
- Medium : http://medium.com/@phaeton-technology
- Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/company/phaeton-technology
- Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/F44Ybhj
- Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLIYg824KeHUmUtDBqRundg