The Sandbox metaverse made major announcements at its inaugural Global Creators Day event that will significantly expand user-generated content within its virtual world.
- The Sandbox has launched open self-publishing for LAND owners, allowing them to instantly publish their experiences on the metaverse map without needing prior approval. This makes it easier for users to create and share content.
- They’ve removed the application process previously required for publishing, opening up creativity and user generated content in the metaverse.
- The Sandbox aims to have 2,000 user-generated experiences published by 2024.
- They announced an updated no-code Game Maker tool coming soon, providing more templates, mechanics, and features to make game creation accessible.
- The Sandbox has reinvested 100 million SAND tokens into a Game Maker Fund to incentivize creators and encourage more engaging content.
- This was announced at The Sandbox’s first Global Creators Day event in Hong Kong, emphasizing their commitment to creators.
- 30% of The Sandbox’s 5 million users are in Asia, so hosting the event in Hong Kong strategically engaged that audience.
The biggest reveal was that The Sandbox is now allowing open self-publishing for LAND owners. Users can instantly publish their own experiences and games on The Sandbox map without needing prior approval through an application process. This removes a major friction point and paves the way for an explosion of user creativity.
???? THE METAVERSE IS NOW OPEN ????
Starting today, LAND owners in The Sandbox can instantly publish experiences on the map!
— The Sandbox (@TheSandboxGame) November 3, 2023
The Sandbox aims to have 2,000 user-generated experiences published by 2024 thanks to this change. Currently, only around 30% of its 150,000 LAND parcels have been activated with content. By opening self-publishing, The Sandbox hopes to see its virtual world become more vibrant and diverse with more user experiences.
To further empower users to create content, The Sandbox announced an updated version of its no-code Game Maker tool. Game Maker 0.9 will provide more templates, mechanics, and features to make game creation accessible to everyone. This democratization of game development will allow anyone to become a creator in The Sandbox metaverse.
As one more way to incentivize creators, The Sandbox is injecting 100 million SAND into a Game Maker Fund. This significant investment will provide grants and rewards to developers of engaging games and experiences. The Sandbox will also incorporate its DAO into the reward structure to encourage community-driven content.
These announcements made at Global Creators Day in Hong Kong signal The Sandbox’s commitment to putting creators first and making Web3 a new paradigm for user control, ownership, and revenue. By enabling open creativity through self-publishing and accessible game development, The Sandbox aims to rapidly expand its content and replicate the user-generated explosion that propelled platforms like Roblox to success.